[automated-testing] how does glusto based testing handle logging?

Yaniv Kaul ykaul at redhat.com
Mon Apr 29 16:39:45 UTC 2019

On Mon, Apr 29, 2019 at 7:17 PM Sankarshan Mukhopadhyay <
sankarshan.mukhopadhyay at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 29, 2019 at 9:05 PM Jonathan Holloway <jholloway at redhat.com>
> wrote:
>
> > In a nutshell, no. Glusto itself only sets up a main Python logger for
> the Glusto library to write to, typically when a test is run via
> /usr/bin/glusto.
> > Above that, the gluster libraries either write to the main Glusto log or
> create their own logger for the tests themselves.
> > For collection of those and logs at the system layer (syslog, Gluster,
> etc), the automation is handled at the Jenkins level.
> >

> I think this leads to a design decision around how a Glusto instance
> for Gluster would need to have a centralized logging or, at the very
> least, rsyslog configured. Logs resulting from failed tests are a good
> place to start for patterns and identify remedial approaches.

Is the question about Gluso logging or Gluster? I thought the latter...
It's also a feature of Gluster, to log to syslog, so would be good to add
the capability to test that.
I believe it should be easy(TM) to add to the client (1st client) such
configuration.
I'll add it to the queue.