[automated-testing] Marking tests for skipping based on test environment

Sankarshan Mukhopadhyay sankarshan.mukhopadhyay at gmail.com
Fri Jun 29 14:27:31 UTC 2018

On Fri, Jun 15, 2018 at 6:06 PM, Nigel Babu <nigelb at redhat.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Vijay and I have been talking about how to handle cases where a test cases
> passes in one test environment and not in the other. Here's a proposal that
> we both came up with:
>
> We will add a test_env variable to the config which will have the value
> 'upstream' or 'downstream'. Then in the code it will work something like
> this: https://gist.github.com/nigelbabu/23bc80108c0f633b483b1a1d024ddd98
>
> Please suggest feedback and/or suggestions for improvement.

I think I am hesitant to use "upstream/downstream" terminology as
context markers primarily because that is relevant perspective for a
"downstream" but not a community project. This is a good way to
continue to make headway and not get blocked on things.

"upstream/contrib" is perhaps a pair I was thinking about. But not too
hung up about the word-pair.

--
sankarshan mukhopadhyay
<https://about.me/sankarshan.mukhopadhyay>