[automated-testing] Running Glusto tests on Fedora 28

Nigel Babu nigelb at redhat.com
Thu Jul 26 12:10:40 UTC 2018

Hello folks,

In the not-so-distant future, Python3 is going to be EOL. It is critical
that *Gluster* is able to run successfully on python3. From the next
release, we're going to switch to using Python3 upstream for Gluster for
Fedora 28. We will continue to use Python2 for Centos7.

While Glusto itself isn't Python3 compliant, it is very important that we
verify that Gluster runs successfully on Python3. There are a lot of subtle
and not so subtle bugs that can creep up with this transition and we have
to identify them sooner than later. Please keep this mind when you review
and merge Glusto tests. I'll be trying to run these tests upstream and
sending patches that let us run Glusto on Fedora 28 and above.

--
nigelb