[automated-testing] Does Glusto have test coverage for geo-replication?

Rahul Hinduja rhinduja at redhat.com
Thu Aug 9 13:55:34 UTC 2018

On Thu, Aug 9, 2018 at 7:17 PM, Sankarshan Mukhopadhyay <
sankarshan.mukhopadhyay at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 9, 2018 at 7:13 PM, Rahul Hinduja <rhinduja at redhat.com> wrote:
> >

> > On Thu 9 Aug, 2018, 5:19 PM Nigel Babu, <nigelb at redhat.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> I believe geo-replication has libraries ready, but not tests.
> >

> > +1, we wrote geo-rep libraries as part of sprint-2 stop gap efforts.
> > Rochelle will work on automating tests post 3.4.0.
> >

> In terms of timeline, what does it look like? Not having the tests
> seems to be a bit sub optimal - not exactly the place one would want
> to be at given the component we are talking about

Hi Sankarshan,

We do have good automation coverage of geo-replication from distaf which we
are consuming for testing. Glusto is something which we do not have.

We are not intending to migrate the cases as it is from distaf to glusto.
We are pending a discussion as a geo-rep scrum wrt the scope of additional
cases and timeliness. I intend to have rounds of discussions on this topic
once we have RC phase to start the automation post 3.4.0.

Regards,
Rahul