[automated-testing] Supporting GD2 & GD1 in glusto-tests

Jonathan Holloway jholloway at redhat.com
Wed Aug 8 13:20:15 UTC 2018

Sounds good. My comments are inline.

On Wed, Aug 8, 2018 at 1:49 AM Nigel Babu <nigelb at redhat.com> wrote:

> I had a chat with Vijay and Akarsha yesterday. Here's a summary of what we
> decided.
>
> * We want to have two versions of the glustolibs-gluster library.
> * We will create a new repo called glusto-libs. Nigel will create this
> repo. To start off, we'll copy the content from glustolibs-gluster to this
> repo.

Both the GCS and non-GCS namespace packages will be located in the new
glusto-libs library, right?
Essentially going back to what we discussed way back about maintaining the
two separate repos for tests and libs.

> * Akarsha will land changes to this library to support GD2. Vijay and
> Akarsha will take responsibility for keeping them in sync in terms of
> features that apply in both places.
> * Given that moving the current version which supports 3.x to this repo
> will break a bunch of automation both upstream and downstream, we will
> defer it to the future. However, this is the end goal.

I think this answers my above question, but wanted to be sure.

> * Akarsha will look at marking tests that are relevant for GD2 in the
> existing tests so we can have a glusterfs + GD2 sanity test (before going
> to the container layer).

Will that be done via pytest markers and run via the py.test -m
<marker_name>?

Cheers,
Jonathan