[Advisors] Updates and Next Steps

David Nalley David.Nalley at citrix.com
Thu May 16 18:20:52 UTC 2013

Having gone through the process at attempting to form some manner of foundation twice with Fedora, I have to agree - I don't think the idea of spinning off to a separate foundation has legs, and speaking frankly. With groups like the ASF, TLF, Eclipse, SPI, Outercurve, etc. I have to wonder at the wisdom of even trying, running the org becomes a distraction to actually getting things done in the project(s). Yes, no existing group will be perfect (and neither will anything you create), but pick one that has a governance that you can live with if you really need to be independent.