[Advisors] Thoughts on a license change.

David Nalley david at gnsa.us
Mon Aug 12 15:43:56 UTC 2013

On Mon, Aug 12, 2013 at 11:30 AM, Greg DeKoenigsberg
<greg.dekoenigsberg at eucalyptus.com> wrote:
> No sense in making a move to permissive licensing unless there's a
> plan to go with it.

This.

There needs to be a plan around it. There needs to be a real
justification; ignoring my experience, and even our preferences -
what's the project justification for such a painful change. Change for
change's sake is awful.
JMW is probably closer to this than most - but are there people who
have objected to using gluster on the license grounds? Objected to
contributing to gluster because of licensing? Perhaps a good place to
look is deals where a competitor to Gluster has been chosen.

--David