[Gluster-users] nfs-ganesha/pnfs read/write path on EC volume

Serkan Çoban cobanserkan at gmail.com
Sun Jan 31 10:49:21 UTC 2016

Hi,
I am testing nfs-ganesha with pNFS on EC volume and I want to ask some
questions.
Assume we have two clients: c1,c2
and six servers with one 4+2 EC volume constructed as below:

gluster volume create vol1 disperse 6 redundancy 2 server{1..6}:/brick/b1 \

     server{1..6}:/brick/b2 \

     server{1..6}:/brick/b3 \

     server{1..6}:/brick/b4 \

     server{1..6}:/brick/b5 \

     server{1..6}:/brick/b6
vol1 is mounted on both clients as server1:/vol1

Here is first question: When I write file1 from client1 and file2 from
client2; which servers get the files? In my opinion server1 gets file1
and server2 gets file2 and do EC calculations and distribute chunks to
other servers. Am I right?

Can anyone explain detailed read/write path with pNFS and EC volumes?

Thanks,
Serkan