[Gluster-users] Gluster 3.1 mount gluster 3.6

Jordan Willis jwillis at scripps.edu
Fri Jan 29 04:14:28 UTC 2016

Hi,

I need a temporary work around for the following.

I have a server that is running an old ubuntu server 11.10. I have another server which is running glusterd running ubuntu 14. It seems the latest glusterfs I can build is 3.1 (is that confirmed?)

My gluster is running 3.6 and I’m having trouble mounting through either nfs or glusterfs protocols. For nfs it times out and for glusterfs I get volume can’t be found. I think the latter has to do with the updated volume names in 3.6

http://serverfault.com/questions/664970/glusterfs-failed-to-get-the-volume-file-from-server <http://serverfault.com/questions/664970/glusterfs-failed-to-get-the-volume-file-from-server>

Does anyone have any suggestions for how I should mount this on my older server?

Jordan