[Gluster-users] Newbie questions on HPC cluster + gluster configuration

Fedele Stabile fedele.stabile at fis.unical.it
Fri Jan 29 09:58:05 UTC 2016

Hello,
I want to comment with you the configuration that I would realize on my
HPCC cluster:
The cluster is 32 worker nodes (wn1 ... wn32) each one has a local
disk,
Infiniband 40 Gb is the connection network
and I have also a login server (login-server).
I would create a glusterfs distributed volume using the worker node
disks (in total 32 disks 1TB)
by running this command on login-server:
login-server# gluster volume create scratch wn1:/brick wn2:/brick ..
wn32:/brick

After this I would mount the volume on each node of the cluster so that
for example if I write file1 in scratch on wn1 node I'll write on the
local disk of wn1.
The question is if I can mount scratch in wn1 using this command:
wn1#  mount -t glusterfs wn1:/scratch /scratch

This permits me to write file1 locally not using network channel, isn't
it?

Thank you for your attention and your contribution.
Fedele Stabile