[Gluster-users] Data reconstruction from an EC volume

Serkan Çoban cobanserkan at gmail.com
Mon Jan 25 14:29:27 UTC 2016

> hi Serkan,
>       At the moment there is no tool which does this. We can write one,
> which will do the reconstruction. What are the requirements? When would you
> like to use it? Why do you not want the gluster processes to run? Should the
> tool connect to the machines on which the fragments are stored and then
> construct the file and write it somewhere or will all the chunks be copied
> somewhere and we run the tool locally?

Hi Pranith,

I want to use the tool in case of disaster.
If somehow we cannot start gluster or some problem happened during upgrade and
we cannot roll back or continue I don't want to loose my files.
I prefer the tool connects to machines and reconstruct the files to
some other path...
It would be great if you write such a tool.

Thanks,
Serkan