[Gluster-users] Issue in reading data using fio + gfapi

Prashanth Kumar N Prashanth.N at hgst.com
Thu Jan 21 09:06:24 UTC 2016

Hi,

I have been trying to use gfapi to read files written using fio  gfapi engine,  but don't see anything getting read. When I check disk activity using iostat or low level tools for my PCIe SSD, there is no activity.

Is the below sequence of fio correct way of using it? Am I missing something?

[root at vsan-blr4 prashanth]# fio --name=seq_write.1.0 --filename=seq_write.1.0 --rw=read --ioengine=gfapi --direct=1 --bs=4K --iodepth=1 --numjobs=8 --group_reporting --volume=pvol --brick=192.168.1.3 --time_based=40 --size=1G

fio: time_based requires a runtime/timeout setting
seq_write.1.0: (g=0): rw=read, bs=4K-4K/4K-4K/4K-4K, ioengine=gfapi, iodepth=1
fio-2.2.10
Starting 8 processes
Jobs: 8 (f=0): [R(8)] [inf% done] [0KB/0KB/0KB /s] [0/0/0 iops] [eta 1158050441d:07h:00m:13s]

[ Note: As soon as I start the fio job, I see a huge ETA number which seems fishy and fio exits in less than 5 seconds. ]

Thanks
Prashanth

HGST E-mail Confidentiality Notice & Disclaimer:
This e-mail and any files transmitted with it may contain confidential or legally privileged information of HGST and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which they are addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is prohibited.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the e-mail in its entirety from your system.