[Gluster-users] update from gluster 3.6.3 dependency problem

Niels de Vos ndevos at redhat.com
Fri Jan 15 10:17:58 UTC 2016

On Thu, Jan 14, 2016 at 11:53:28PM +0000, Kingsley wrote:
> On Thu, 2016-01-14 at 13:13 +0100, Niels de Vos wrote:
> > Yes, RHEL updated the Gluster packages to 3.7.x. What you see here might
> > be from an attempt to update the glusterfs-fuse package from the CentOS
> > base/updates channel.
> >
> > I think you run into this because you disabled the repository with the
> > glusterfs-server package in it. Could you check if enabling the
> > repository with the 3.6.x glusterfs-server package prevents this error?
> > yum should be smart enough to not update the glusterfs packages if it
> > sees that the most recent version of glusterfs-server is already
> > installed.
>
> Hi,
>
> Thanks for your reply.
>
> We don't have the most recent version of glusterfs-server on there,
> we're running 3.6.3.

Do you have a repository where glusterfs-server-3.6.3 is the latest
version? If you enable that repository, you should see that there is no
update for glusterfs-server, and it should not try to update other
glusterfs packages.

> What would you expect yum to do in this instance? FWIW, we've got the
> yum cron thing configured to download updates, but not apply them, so we
> do have a safety net.

Alternatively, you can exclude the packages from being updated
completely.  Add a space separated list of glusterfs packages that you
have installed to /etc/yum.conf like this:

  exclude=glusterfs glusterfs-libs glusterfs-server glusterfs-fuse

Cheers,
Niels