[Gluster-users] High I/O And Processor Utilization

Lindsay Mathieson lindsay.mathieson at gmail.com
Tue Jan 12 03:22:25 UTC 2016

On 11/01/16 15:37, Krutika Dhananjay wrote:
> Kyle,
>
> Based on the testing we have done from our end, we've found that 512MB
> is a good number that is neither too big nor too small,
> and provides good performance both on the IO side and with respect to
> self-heal.

Hi Krutika, I experimented a lot with different chunk sizes, didn't find
all that much difference between 4MB and 1GB

But benchmarks are tricky things - I used Crystal Diskmark inside a VM,
which is probably not the best assessment. And two of the bricks on my
replica 3 are very slow, just test drives, not production. So I guess
that would effevt things :)

These are my current setting - what do you use?

Volume Name: datastore1
Type: Replicate
Volume ID: 1261175d-64e1-48b1-9158-c32802cc09f0
Number of Bricks: 1 x 3 = 3
Transport-type: tcp
Bricks:
Brick1: vnb.proxmox.softlog:/vmdata/datastore1
Brick2: vng.proxmox.softlog:/vmdata/datastore1
Brick3: vna.proxmox.softlog:/vmdata/datastore1
Options Reconfigured:
network.remote-dio: enable
cluster.eager-lock: enable
performance.io-cache: off