[Gluster-users] nfs-ganesha with disperse volume

Kaleb S. KEITHLEY kkeithle at redhat.com
Fri Jan 8 14:35:20 UTC 2016

On 01/08/2016 09:18 AM, Serkan Çoban wrote:
> Below is the snippet from ganesha.conf documentation, what will be the
> Path if i don't need to mount gluster volume on server?
>
> EXPORT{
> Export_Id = 1 ; # Export ID unique to each export
> Path = "volume_path"; # Path of the volume to be exported. Eg: "/test_volume"

Path (and/or Pseudo) are what the NFS clients will use to mount the volume.

And I believe you should have a leading '/'.

E.g. if your ganesha.conf file is:

  Path = /thisismyexportedvolume;
  Pseudo = /thisismyexportedvolume;

(don't use quotes)

then NFS clients will mount this volume with `mount -t nfs
mynfsserver:/thisismyexportedvolume /mnt`

If the gluster volume is named "myglustervolume" then your ganesha.conf
FSAL block (in the EXPORT block) will look like this:

   FSAL {
      Name = GLUSTER;
      Hostname = myglusterserver;
      Volume = myglustervolume;
   }

(if the gluster server is the same machine as the ganesha server then
'Hostname = localhost' works)

HTH

--

Kaleb