[Gluster-users] Gluster = RAID 10 over the network?

Alexey Zilber alexeyzilber at gmail.com
Sun Sep 21 14:49:16 UTC 2014

Hi Ryan,

   I think if you could provide more info on the storage systems it would
help.  Things like total drives per raid set and size of each drive.  This
is a complicated question,  but a simple Googling brings up this
interesting article:
http://wolfcrow.com/blog/which-is-the-best-raid-level-for-video-editing-and-post-production-part-three-number-soup-for-the-soul/

  Imho,  without knowing any of these details,  my personal preference,
unless you're running a database is to do multiple raid-1 sets, stripe them
with lvm and drop xfs on them.

  I would like to add that if your storage provider only offers raid-5 or
raid-10 it might behoove you to look for another storage provider.  :)

-Alex