[Gluster-devel] [Gluster-infra] Different version of run-tests.sh in jenkin slaves?

Emmanuel Dreyfus manu at netbsd.org
Thu Jan 28 08:26:49 UTC 2016

On Thu, Jan 28, 2016 at 12:17:58PM +0530, Raghavendra Talur wrote:
> Where do I find config in NetBSD which decides which location to dump core
> in?

sysctl kern.defcorename for the default location and name. It can be
overriden per process using  sysctl proc.$$.corename

> Any particular reason you added /d/backends/*/*.core to list of path to
> search for core?

Yes, this is required for standard compliance of the exposed glusterfs
filesystem in the case of low system PATH_MAX. See in posix.c:

        /*
         * _XOPEN_PATH_MAX is the longest file path len we MUST
         * support according to POSIX standard. When prepended
         * by the brick base path it may exceed backed filesystem
         * capacity (which MAY be bigger than _XOPEN_PATH_MAX). If
         * this is the case, chdir() to the brick base path and
         * use relative paths when they are too long. See also
         * MAKE_REAL_PATH in posix-handle.h
          */
        _private->path_max = pathconf(_private->base_path, _PC_PATH_MAX);
        if (_private->path_max != -1 &&
            _XOPEN_PATH_MAX + _private->base_path_length > _private->path_max) {
                ret = chdir(_private->base_path);
                if (ret) {
                        gf_msg (this->name, GF_LOG_ERROR, 0,
                                P_MSG_BASEPATH_CHDIR_FAILED,
                                "chdir() to \"%s\" failed",
                                _private->base_path);
                        goto out;
                }
And the core goes in current directory by default. We could use
sysctl(3) to change that if we need.

--
Emmanuel Dreyfus
manu at netbsd.org