[Gluster-devel] [Gluster-infra] Smoke tests run on the builder in RH DC (at least)

Niels de Vos ndevos at redhat.com
Mon Jan 25 22:16:32 UTC 2016

On Mon, Jan 25, 2016 at 10:24:33PM +0100, Niels de Vos wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 25, 2016 at 06:59:33PM +0100, Michael Scherer wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > so today, after fixing one last config item, the smoke test jobs run
> > fine on the Centos 6 builder in the RH DC, which build things as non
> > root, then start the tests, then reboot the server.
>
> Nice, sounds like great progress!
>
> Did you need to change anything in the build or test scripts under
> /opt/qa? If so, please make sure that the changes land in the
> repository:
>
>   https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs-patch-acceptance-tests/
>
> > Now, I am looking at the fedora one, but once this one is good, I will
> > likely reinstall a few builders as a test, and go on Centos 7 builder.
>
> I'm not sure yet if I made an error, or what is going on. But for some
> reason smoke tests for my patch series fails... This is the smoke result
> of the 1st patch in the serie, it only updates the fuse-header to a
> newer version. Of course local testing works just fine... The output and
> (not available) logs of the smoke test do not really help me :-/
>
>   https://build.gluster.org/job/smoke/24395/console
>
> Could this be related to the changes that were made? If not, I'd
> appreciate a pointer to my mistake.

Well, I guess that this is a limitation in the FUSE kernel module that
is part of EL6 and EL7. One of the structures sent is probably too big
and the kernel refuses to accept it. I guess I'll need to go back to the
drawing board and add a real check for the FUSE version, or something
like that.

Niels