[Gluster-devel] [Gluster-users] Memory leak in GlusterFS FUSE client

Oleksandr Natalenko oleksandr at natalenko.name
Sat Jan 23 21:30:16 UTC 2016

OK, now I'm re-performing tests with rsync + GlusterFS v3.7.6 + the following
patches:

===
Kaleb S KEITHLEY (1):
      fuse: use-after-free fix in fuse-bridge, revisited

Pranith Kumar K (1):
      mount/fuse: Fix use-after-free crash

Soumya Koduri (3):
      gfapi: Fix inode nlookup counts
      inode: Retire the inodes from the lru list in inode_table_destroy
      upcall: free the xdr* allocations
===

I run rsync from one GlusterFS volume to another. While memory started from
under 100 MiBs, it stalled at around 600 MiBs for source volume and does not
grow further. As for target volume it is ~730 MiBs, and that is why I'm going
to do several rsync rounds to see if it grows more (with no patches bare 3.7.6
could consume more than 20 GiBs).

No "kernel notifier loop terminated" message so far for both volumes.

Will report more in several days. I hope current patches will be incorporated
into 3.7.7.