[Gluster-devel] rm -r problem on FreeBSD port

Rick Macklem rmacklem at uoguelph.ca
Thu Jan 21 04:33:37 UTC 2016

Sakshi Bansal wrote:
> The directory deletion is failing with ENOTEMPTY since not all the files
> inside it have been deleted. Looks like lookup is not listing all the files.
> It is possible that cluster.lookup-optimize could be the culprit here. When
> did you turn this option 'on'? Was it during the untaring of the source
> tree?
> Also once this option if turned 'off', explicitly doing an ls on the
> problematic files still throw error?

Good suggestion. I had disabled it but after I had created the tree
(unrolled the tarball and created the directory tree that the build goes in).

I ran a test where I disabled all three of:
performance,readdir-ahead
cluster.lookup-optimize
cluster.readdir-optimize
right after I created the volume with 2 bricks.

Then I ran a test and everything worked. I didn't get any directory with files
missing when doing an "ls" and the "rm -r" worked too.
So, it looks like it is one or more of these settings and they have to be
disabled when the files/directories are created to fix the problem.

It will take a while, but I will run tests with them individually disabled
to see which one(s) need to be disabled. Once I know that I'll email and
try to get the other information you requested to see if we can isolate the problem further.

Thanks, I feel this is progress, rick