[Gluster-devel] Few details needed about *any* recent or upcoming feature

Aravinda avishwan at redhat.com
Wed Jan 20 11:26:19 UTC 2016

Eventing Framework for Gluster:
-------------------------------
Let us imagine we have a Gluster monitoring system which displays
list of volumes and its state, to show the realtime status, monitoring
app need to query the Gluster in regular interval to check volume
status, new volumes etc. Assume if the polling interval is 5 seconds
then monitoring app has to run gluster volume info command ~17000
times a day!

This feature will provide real time notifications to the changes in
Gluster Cluster. Application/Client can register to the Eventing API
provided by the Gluster and start listening to the events.

Design discussion: http://review.gluster.org/#/c/13115/

REST Management APIs for Gluster 3.8:
This feature will provide REST interface for managing Gluster
Cluster.

Design discussion: http://review.gluster.org/#/c/13214/

regards
Aravinda