[Gluster-devel] NetBSD hang in quota-anon-fd-nfs.t

Emmanuel Dreyfus manu at netbsd.org
Mon Jan 11 10:03:43 UTC 2016

On Mon, Jan 11, 2016 at 11:51:25AM +0530, Vijaikumar Mallikarjuna wrote:
> All quota test-cases uses 'tests/basic/quota.c' to write data
> Does sync flags have any impact?

It seems to change internal behavior but not the result, I can still
see write calls taking e.g.: 1169s

For the sake of compteness: instead of awaiting for page locked
(probably by NFS subsystem), it now waits for NFS RPC replies
from the server. Example of kernel backtrace:
sleepq_block
cv_timedwait
nfs_rcvlock
nfs_request
nfs_writerpc
nfs_doio
VOP_STRATEGY
genfs_do_io
genfs_gop_write
genfs_do_putpages
genfs_putpages
VOP_PUTPAGES
nfs_write
VOP_WRITE
vn_write
dofilewrite
sys_write
syscall

I note we mount with -o noac,soft,nolock,vers=3
with the scripts turn into -o tcp,-R=2,soft,nfs3 fro NetBSD.
-R is retry. There is no timeout. Do we need one?

--
Emmanuel Dreyfus
manu at netbsd.org