[Gluster-devel] NetBSD tests not running to completion.

Emmanuel Dreyfus manu at netbsd.org
Fri Jan 8 04:27:11 UTC 2016

Jeff Darcy <jdarcy at redhat.com> wrote:

> > Now what is the policy on post-merge regression failure?  What happens
> > if original submitter is now willing to investigate?
>
> Then regressions will continue to fail on NetBSD, as they do now, but
> without impacting work on other platforms.

Well from previous experience of maintaining NetBSD support without
mandatory regression, I am almost certain that it will quickly break.
The only relief in the post-merge regression scheme is that we will have
a precise idea of the change that caused the regression.

In my opinion the best way forward would be to identify what tests cause
frequent NetBSD spurious failures and disable them for NetBSD
regression. I am a bit disturbed by the fact that people raise the
"NetBSD regression ruins my life" issue without doing the work of
listing the actual issues encountered.

--
Emmanuel Dreyfus
http://hcpnet.free.fr/pubz