[Gluster-devel] more re: building on FreeBSD

Rick Macklem rmacklem at uoguelph.ca
Tue Dec 8 01:57:52 UTC 2015

Ok, after I did autogen.sh before configure, the build did make the
shared libraries. (The patch I posted in the last email wasn't needed,
since library ordering won't matter for shared libs. It must have been
trying to do static linking without doing autogen.sh.)

It fails near the end of "make install" in glusterfind, but that doesn't
much matter for me.

It does now seem to be working and the only thing I notice is that the
daemons "glusterfsd" spend most of their time in "R" (run) state, only
occasionally sleeping on "select" for a short period.
Is this expected?

It did allow me to build a volume and mount_glusterfs it.

Thanks for the "autogen.sh" hint, rick