[Gluster-Maintainers] Move out of bugzilla to github issues --> for everything...

Shyam srangana at redhat.com
Mon Feb 20 21:20:09 UTC 2017

After contributing/listening in to the exchange on moving out of
bugzilla to github for glusterfs repository, I think there are a few
questions to be answered before the move. This will take time and hence
not make it prior to the 3.11 time frame (I am thinking such moves are
better just post a release).

Hence, we push this to a point post 3.11 (possibly 4.0) where we can
come back with answers to the questions and observations posted on move.

Thanks for the discussion all!

We will however continue using github for the release planning and also
for feature/major fixes, backlog tracking. The idea being use github for
the features and bugzilla for bugs and avoid duplication of effort.

I am writing up a workflow document, that will complete the move to
using github for features (that we started with 3.10), to be shared with
gluster-devel. This give us an opportunity to beef up this change and
reinforce it with 3.11 and 4.0.

Heads up!
The above possibly still requires work on 3 scripts/infrastructure pieces,
1. Change
https://github.com/gluster/gerrit-hooks/blob/master/patchset-created to
post to github issues when they are referenced in the commit message for
rfc submissions
2. Change https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs/blob/master/rfc.sh to
possibly prompt for issue # when an rfc submission is being made
3. gerrit to provide links to github issues, when they appear in the
commit message
   - As an example consider this from the golang page:
https://go-review.googlesource.com/#/c/37148/

There could be others, but I need to discover them as we talk about this
more on devel.

Shyam