[Gluster-Maintainers] Backlog and feature planning

Shyam srangana at redhat.com
Wed Dec 7 16:18:28 UTC 2016

Hi,

Now that we rolled out issue and milestone based scope tracking for
gluster releases, it is time to get into backlog consolidation across
components by the various maintainers.

What this means:
1) Open issues for *all* backlog items @ [1]
2) Label them with the component labels (CB: *)
    OR,
    Label them with the Experimental labels (Exp: *)
3) Possibly add a priority for these backlogs
4) Optionally, if known, assign a milestone for the same
    - Available milestones are 3.10 (scope closing this week), 3.11
(STM), 4.0 (LTM)

Where to look for backlogs:
- Bugzilla
- Various documents on backlog consolidation per component that we have
done before (example [2])
- Things in your head, but not in any list :)

*Request a response by when for your individual component this can be
completed.*

Thanks,
Shyam
[1] https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs/issues/new