[Gluster-users] Upgrading (online) GlusterFS-3.7.11 to 3.10 with Distributed-Disperse volume

Bradley T Lunsford bradley.t.lunsford at jpl.nasa.gov
Thu Sep 28 17:19:04 UTC 2017

I'm working on upgrading a set of our gluster machines from 3.7 to 3.10-
at first I was going to follow the guide here:
https://gluster.readthedocs.io/en/latest/Upgrade-Guide/upgrade_to_3.10/

but it mentions:

>   * Online upgrade is only possible with replicated and distributed
>     replicate volumes
>   * Online upgrade is not supported for dispersed or distributed
>     dispersed volumes

and

> *ALERT*: If any of your volumes, in the trusted storage pool that is
> being upgraded, uses disperse or is a pure distributed volume, this
> procedure is *NOT* recommended, use the Offline upgrade procedure
> <https://gluster.readthedocs.io/en/latest/Upgrade-Guide/upgrade_to_3.10/#offline-upgrade-procedure>
> instead.

The data stored on this gluster volume (Distributed-Disperse, 2 x (4 +
2) = 12) is somewhat critical, but I wanted to make sure there was no
possible way to do an 'online' upgrade before following the 'offline'
steps.

Brad Lunsford