[Gluster-users] Bandwidth and latency requirements

Karan Sandha ksandha at redhat.com
Wed Sep 27 11:20:19 UTC 2017

Hi Collin,

During our arbiter latency testing for completion of ops we found the below
results:-  an arbiter node in another data centre and both the data bricks
in the same data centre,

1) File-size 1 KB (10000 files )
2) mkdir

Latency

5ms

10ms

20ms

50ms

100ms

200ms

Ops

Create

755 secs

1410 secs

2717 secs

5874 secs

12908 sec

26113 sec

Mkdir

922 secs

1725 secs

3325 secs

8127 secs

16160 sec

30079 sec

Thanks & Regards

On Mon, Sep 25, 2017 at 5:40 AM, Colin Coe <colin.coe at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all
>
> I've googled but can't find an answer to my question.
>
> I have two data centers.  Currently, I have a replica (count of 2 plus
> arbiter) in one data center but is used by both.
>
> I want to change this to be a distributed replica across the two data
> centers.
>
> There is a 20Mbps pipe and approx 22 ms latency. Is this sufficient?
>
> I really don't want to do the geo-replication in its current form.
>
> Thanks
>
> CC

KARAN SANDHA

ASSOCIATE QUALITY ENGINEER