[Gluster-users] Adding bricks to an existing installation.

Ludwig Gamache ludwig at elementai.com
Mon Sep 25 18:27:13 UTC 2017

All,

We currently have a Gluster installation which is made of 2 servers. Each
server has 10 drives on ZFS. And I have a gluster mirror between these 2.

The current config looks like:
SERVER A-BRICK 1 replicated to SERVER B-BRICK 1

I now need to add more space and a third server. Before I do the changes, I
want to know if this is a supported config. By adding a third server, I
simply want to distribute the load. I don't want to add extra redundancy.

In the end, I want to have the following done:
Add a peer to the cluster
Add 2 bricks to the cluster (one on server A and one on SERVER C) to the
existing volume
Add 2 bricks to the cluster (one on server B and one on SERVER C) to the
existing volume
After that, I need to rebalance all the data between the bricks...

Is this config supported? Is there something I should be careful before I
do this? SHould I do a rebalancing before I add the 3 set of disks?

Regards,

Ludwig