[Gluster-users] how many hosts could be down in a 12x(4+2) distributed dispersed volume?

Serkan Çoban cobanserkan at gmail.com
Wed Sep 20 06:26:54 UTC 2017

If you add bricks to existing volume one host could be down in each
three host group, If you recreate the volume with one brick on each
host, then two random hosts can be tolerated.
Assume s1,s2,s3 are current servers and you add s4,s5,s6 and extend
volume. If any two servers in each group goes down you loose data. If
you chose random two host the probability you loose data will be %20
in this case.
If you recreate volume with s1,s2,s3,s4,s5,s6 with one brick on each
host any random two servers can go down. If you chose random two host
the probability you loose data will be %0 in this case.