[Gluster-users] wrong DF command output after deleting all files in gluster volume

Mauro Tridici mauro.tridici at cmcc.it
Mon Sep 18 19:41:42 UTC 2017

Dear All,

I just implemented a (6x(4+2)) DISTRIBUTED DISPERSED gluster (v.3.10) volume based on the following hardware:

- 3 gluster servers (each server with 2 CPU 10 cores, 64GB RAM, 12 hard disk SAS 12Gb/s, 10GbE storage network)

Everything seems to be ok, I created a first subdirectory in my volume "/volume/test_folder", I populated it with a lot of data. But, after deleting the subdirectory content, I noticed that the DF command output is not updated (occupied space seems still here, but it is not true).
So, I tried to remove the empty folder leaving /volume empty. Magically, the DF output returned the real values.
Is there a way to update the DF command output without have to delete the subdirectory?
Is there a correct procedure to be followed in this case?

Thank you very much,
Mauro Tridici