[Gluster-users] Confusing lstat() performance

Niklas Hambüchen mail at nh2.me
Sun Sep 17 16:03:02 UTC 2017

On 15/09/17 03:46, Niklas Hambüchen wrote:
>> Out of interest have you tried testing performance
>> with performance.stat-prefetch enabled?

I have now tested with `performance.stat-prefetch: on` but am not
observing a difference.

So far the only difference between `ls` and `bup index` I could observe
is that `bup index` chdir()s into the directory to index, ls doesn't.

But when I `cd` into the dir and run `ls` without directory argument, it
is still much faster than bup index for each stat().