[Gluster-users] Gluster Server upgrade from 3.5 to 3.8 in online upgrade mode

Diego Remolina dijuremo at gmail.com
Wed Sep 13 19:52:56 UTC 2017

Correct, you should stop clients, then servers, make 100% sure all
processes are dead:

Sometimes the brick process dont die, so killall glustefs and kilall glustefsd
will be needed.

Once all gluster services are shut down apply your updates. Then start
glusterd on the servers then run gluster v status to ensure everything
is happy, then start clients.

Read the upgrade guides, I think if you use quotas, you have to do
some specific tasks.

Are you using RHEL official 3.8.x release? If you are not, then
perhaps you want to go straight to 3.10.x because 3.8.x is EOL if you
are using the community releases as 3.12 was recently released. See:

https://www.gluster.org/release-schedule/

HTH,

Diego