[Gluster-users] Gluster 3.12 and nfs-ganesha

Kaleb S. KEITHLEY kkeithle at redhat.com
Tue Sep 12 12:48:29 UTC 2017

On 09/12/2017 08:20 AM, Alessandro De Salvo wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm planning to upgrade to gluster 3.12, so I tried on a dev cluster the new release, but I was surprised the Ganesha support is someway incomplete, at least from the documentation point of view.
> The installation of glusterfs was successful, and it also works with my ovirt facility. However I cannot easily upload to the ISO domain without the nfs support.
> It seems that in 3.12 (and probably 3.11, which I did not try) the nfs ganesha support is no more included in gluster but delegated to a new component, storhaug. There is very minimal documentation on how to setup storhaug available, if not totally absent. The GitHub page in fact is totally useless, and I found no mention of it in the gluster documentation, everything still points to the old method. At the same time the li commands to export the volumes like "gluster nfs-ganesha enable" and the corresponding vol set for the exports do not work anymore.
> Is there any documentation available or does it mean that 3.12 cannot be exported via nfs? That would be a serious missing feature and a real step back for production facilities.

These are good points.

It is possible to use nfs-ganesha with 3.12 without the HA and
integrated support. There's a copy of my blog at [1]. It's a bit dated
but still useful.

Or you can stay on 3.10 if you really want the integrated support and
upgrade to 3.12 later, when storhaug is finally ready.

[1] http://aws-labs.com/linux-scale-nfsv4-nfs-ganesha-glusterfs/

--

Kaleb