[Gluster-users] Gluster 3.12 and nfs-ganesha

Alessandro De Salvo Alessandro.DeSalvo at roma1.infn.it
Tue Sep 12 12:20:07 UTC 2017

Hi,
I'm planning to upgrade to gluster 3.12, so I tried on a dev cluster the new release, but I was surprised the Ganesha support is someway incomplete, at least from the documentation point of view.
The installation of glusterfs was successful, and it also works with my ovirt facility. However I cannot easily upload to the ISO domain without the nfs support.
It seems that in 3.12 (and probably 3.11, which I did not try) the nfs ganesha support is no more included in gluster but delegated to a new component, storhaug. There is very minimal documentation on how to setup storhaug available, if not totally absent. The GitHub page in fact is totally useless, and I found no mention of it in the gluster documentation, everything still points to the old method. At the same time the li commands to export the volumes like "gluster nfs-ganesha enable" and the corresponding vol set for the exports do not work anymore.
Is there any documentation available or does it mean that 3.12 cannot be exported via nfs? That would be a serious missing feature and a real step back for production facilities.
Many thanks,

   Alessandro