[Gluster-users] man pages - incomplete

Niels de Vos ndevos at redhat.com
Tue Sep 12 11:59:04 UTC 2017

On Tue, Sep 12, 2017 at 10:01:14AM +0100, lejeczek wrote:
> @devel
>
> hi, I wonder who takes care of man pages when it comes to rpms?
> I'd like to file a bugzilla report and would like to make sure it's packages
> mainainer(s) are responsible for incomplete man pages.
> Often man pages are neglected by authors, too often, and man is, should
> always be "the place", we users/admins should not have to sroogle for info
> almost every time.

Please file a bug against the "doc" component in Bugzilla:
  https://bugzilla.redhat.com/enter_bug.cgi?product=GlusterFS&component=doc

It helps a lot if you explain in detail what is missing or incorrect,
and what you expect to read instead.

The man-pages themselves are under the doc/ directory in the GlusterFS
sources, the *.8 files:
  https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs/tree/master/doc

If you want to send patches to address the changes you like to see,
please follow the "Simplified development workflow":
  http://gluster.readthedocs.io/en/latest/Developer-guide/Simplified-Development-Workflow/

In case you run into difficulties with sending patches, don't hesitate
to email gluster-devel at gluster.org or ask in #gluster-devel on Freenode
IRC.

Thanks,
Niels