[Gluster-users] Can I use 3.7.11 server with 3.10.5 client?

Shyam Ranganathan srangana at redhat.com
Fri Sep 8 17:42:43 UTC 2017

On 09/08/2017 01:32 PM, Serkan Çoban wrote:
> Any suggestions?
>
> On Thu, Sep 7, 2017 at 4:35 PM, Serkan Çoban <cobanserkan at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Is it safe to use 3.10.5 client with 3.7.11 server with read-only data
>> move operation?

The normal upgrade, and hence tested, procedure is older clients and
newer server, IOW upgrade servers first and then the clients. See [1]

As a result, we would not be able to provide guidance on the request.
Further 3.7 is EOL for some time now, so issues that appear may also not
get enough attention or suggestions.

[1] Upgrade procedure:
https://gluster.readthedocs.io/en/latest/Upgrade-Guide/upgrade_to_3.12/