[Gluster-users] Gluster Monthly Newsletter, August 2017

Amye Scavarda amye at redhat.com
Thu Sep 7 22:22:00 UTC 2017

Gluster Monthly Newsletter, August 2017

--

Great news! We’ve released 3.12!

https://www.gluster.org/3-12/announcing-glusterfs-release-3-12-0-long-term-maintenance/

This is a major release that will be Long Term Stable.

Notable feature highlights are:

   -

   Ability to mount sub-directories using the Gluster native protocol (FUSE)
   -

   Brick multiplexing enhancements that help scale to larger brick counts
   per node
   -

   Enhancements to gluster get-state CLI enabling better understanding of
   various bricks and nodes participation/roles in the cluster
   -

   Ability to resolve GFID split-brain using existing CLI
   -

   Easier GFID to real path mapping thus enabling diagnostics and
   correction for reported GFID issues (healing among other uses where GFID is
   the only available source for identifying a file)

Gluster Summit 2017 Schedule is out!

https://www.gluster.org/events/summit2017 has the details. We’re excited to
see everyone there!

If you’re applying for travel, our funding deadline is September 8th at
midnight Pacific.

Want to see our new digs? https://www.gluster.org has a new look and feel.

Suggestions? Bugs? We’re keeping our Glusterweb repo on Github to help
manage this. File an issue if you have something you think we should take a
look at.

We’ve also improved our documentation with a new site address and new
search: http://docs.gluster.org/

Welcome new maintainers!

https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs/blob/master/MAINTAINERS now reflects
our modified maintainer structure, and the maintainers meeting happens
every other week at the same time as the community meeting.

http://lists.gluster.org/pipermail/gluster-devel/2017-July/053362.html has
more details.

Our weekly community meeting has changed: we'll be meeting every other week
instead of weekly, moving the time to 15:00 UTC, and our agenda is at:
https://bit.ly/gluster-community-meetings

Noteworthy threads:

[Gluster-users] [Update] GD2 - what's been happening -
http://lists.gluster.org/pipermail/gluster-users/2017-August/031964.html

[Gluster-users] Gluster 4.0: Update -

http://lists.gluster.org/pipermail/gluster-users/2017-August/032164.html

[Gluster-users] docs.gluster.org

http://lists.gluster.org/pipermail/gluster-users/2017-August/032239.html

[Gluster-users] Gluster documentation search -

http://lists.gluster.org/pipermail/gluster-users/2017-August/032210.html

[Gluster-devel] [Need Feedback] Monitoring

http://lists.gluster.org/pipermail/gluster-devel/2017-August/053426.html

[Gluster-devel] Glusterd2 - Some anticipated changes to glusterfs source

http://lists.gluster.org/pipermail/gluster-devel/2017-August/053433.html

[Gluster-devel] How commonly applications make use of fadvise?

http://lists.gluster.org/pipermail/gluster-devel/2017-August/053457.html

[Gluster-devel] Proposed Protocol changes for 4.0: Need feedback.

http://lists.gluster.org/pipermail/gluster-devel/2017-August/053462.html

[Gluster-devel] Static analysis job for Gluster

http://lists.gluster.org/pipermail/gluster-devel/2017-August/053470.html

[Gluster-devel] Migration from gerrit bugzilla hook to a jenkins job

http://lists.gluster.org/pipermail/gluster-devel/2017-August/053474.html

[Gluster-devel] On knowledge transfer of some of the components

http://lists.gluster.org/pipermail/gluster-devel/2017-August/053502.html

[Gluster-devel] Introducing Fstat API

http://lists.gluster.org/pipermail/gluster-devel/2017-August/053518.html

Gluster Top 5 Contributors in the last 30 days:

Kaleb Keithley, Jose A. Rivera, Sachidananda URS, Michael Scherer, Michael
Adam

Top Contributing Companies:  Red Hat,  Gluster, Inc.,  Facebook

Upcoming CFPs:

DevConf - CfP opens September 15th, 2017!

FOSDEM

https://archive.fosdem.org/2017/news/2016-07-20-call-for-participation/  -
October 31

--