[Gluster-users] heal info OK but statistics not working

lejeczek peljasz at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Sep 4 10:37:36 UTC 2017

hi all

this:
$ vol heal $_vol info
outputs ok and exit code is 0
But if I want to see statistics:
$ gluster vol heal $_vol statistics
Gathering crawl statistics on volume GROUP-WORK has been
unsuccessful on bricks that are down. Please check if all
brick processes are running.

I suspect - gluster inability to cope with a situation where
one peer(which is not even a brick for a single vol on the
cluster!) is inaccessible to the rest of cluster.
I have not played with any other variations of this case,
eg. more than one peer goes down, etc.
But I hope someone could try to replicate this simple test case.

Cluster and vols, when something like this happens, seem
accessible and as such "all" works, except when you want
more details.
This also fails:
$ gluster vol status $_vol detail
Error : Request timed out

My gluster(3.10.5-1.el7.x86_64) exhibits these symptoms
every time one(at least) peers goes out of the rest reach.

maybe @devel can comment?

many thanks, L.