[Gluster-users] Community Meeting: How to make it more active

Amar Tumballi atumball at redhat.com
Tue Oct 31 09:42:01 UTC 2017

As a part of Gluster Summit's BoF, we discussed the inactivity around
Gluster's current community meeting.

If you are not even aware that there is one such thing, please visit
https://www.gluster.org/community/

Now, here is my suggestion. Feel free to add more of your thoughts.

* We should change the structure to almost similar type like maintainer's
meeting, where we have an open agenda sheet, which anyone can edit. At
least 24hrs before the meeting the agenda is shared in mailing list, so
people having any particular points can add it to the page.

* Meeting happens as planned, now one person running through the agenda
(and someone else takes notes, but in this case as its on IRC, no need for
notes).

* The update of discussions are shared back to ML. (which is also done as
of now).
   - Also publish this on website in one place.

Benefit of this is, because the agenda is shared, and anyone can add to it,
users/developers who can't attend also can make sure people can talk about
it.

IMO, this would be a good first step to try while we figure out other
better ways to improve the participation.

Feedbacks welcome.

Amar Tumballi (amarts)