[Gluster-users] advice needed on configuring large gluster cluster

Serkan Çoban cobanserkan at gmail.com
Thu Mar 16 04:39:33 UTC 2017

> Thanks Serkan, I appreciate the feedback.  Do you know if there are any
> associated performance issues with odd values of parity disks? e.g any
> reason to not go with 16+3?, also are there any things to watch for in terms
> of the number of distributed disperse sets?
AFAIK, there is no performance concern for n for m+n configuration, n affects
how many bricks/nodes will be tolerated in case of failure. Number of
disperse sets
are related with your workload and capacity. EC is not recommended for
small files and random
I/O so as I said before do your test with your prod workload.