[Gluster-users] NFS-Ganesha HA reboot

Paul Cammarata paul at securit360.com
Mon Mar 13 19:28:48 UTC 2017

We have gluster 3.8.9 setup with 2 nodes, and a number of replicated volumes. We are using Ganesha for HA. This weekend we had to reboot both nodes and seem to have run into an issue. We first attempted to bring them up one at a time but when only one was up the gluster shared storage wouldn't start and NFS-Ganesha was running but not setting up the ha (no virtual IPs were being added). Once we had both of them up we were able to get everything back up by doing the following.

  1.  gluster volume set all cluster.enable-shared-storage disable
  2.  gluster volume set all cluster.enable-shared-storage enable
  3.  gluster nfs-ganesha disable
  4.  gluster nfs-ganesha enable
One concern is, what happens if we have a failure and are only able to bring up one of the nodes? All our clients are pointed at the virtual IP's so they wont be able to connect without us manually adding them to the interface. Is that really the way it should work?

The second thing is just doing a normal reboot. Should we have to disable and enable those services when it comes back up? Do we need to stop certain services before rebooting? Is there something in the setup we may have done wrong?

Paul Cammarata
SIEM System Administrator

SecurIT360
530 Beacon Pkwy W, Suite 901 | Birmingham, AL 35209
O: 205.419.9066 x1022 | P: 205.532.9646 | F: 205.449.1425
www.securit360.com<http://www.securit360.com/> | paul at securit360.com<mailto:paul at securit360.com>

CONFIDENTIALITY: This email (including any attachments) may contain confidential, proprietary and privileged information, and unauthorized disclosure or use is prohibited. If you received this email in error, please notify the sender and delete this email from your system. Thank you.