[Gluster-users] Hot Tier

Dmitri Chebotarov 4dimach at gmail.com
Sun Jul 30 23:42:32 UTC 2017

Hi

I'm looking for an advise on hot tier feature - how can I tell if the hot
tier is working?

I've attached replicated-distributed hot tier to an EC volume.
Yet, I don't think it's working, at least I don't see any files directly on
the bricks (only folder structure). 'Status' command has all 0s and 'In
progress' for all servers.

~]# gluster volume tier home status
Node                 Promoted files       Demoted files        Status
---------            ---------            ---------            ---------
localhost            0                    0                    in progress
MMR11                0                    0                    in progress
MMR08                0                    0                    in progress
MMR03                0                    0                    in progress
MMR02                0                    0                    in progress
MMR07                0                    0                    in progress
MMR06                0                    0                    in progress
MMR09                0                    0                    in progress
MMR12                0                    0                    in progress
MMR10                0                    0                    in progress
MMR05                0                    0                    in progress
MMR04                0                    0                    in progress
Tiering Migration Functionality: home: success

I have a folder with .yml files (Ansible) on the gluster volume, which as I
understand is 'cache friendly'.
No matter how many times I read files, nothing is moved to the hot tier
bricks.

Thank you.