[Gluster-users] gluster and multipath

Alessandro Briosi ab1 at metalit.com
Tue Jan 24 08:33:31 UTC 2017

Hi all,
I need an advise.

I'm in the process of creating a 3 server cluster, and use gluster as a
shared storage between the 3.

I have 2 switches and each server has a 4 ethernet card which I'd like
to dedicate to the storage.

For redundancy I thought I could use multipath with gluster (like with
iscsi), but am not sure it can be done.
So the question is:
can I use dm-multipath with gluster
If not should I use nic bonding?
Is there a way to have it use 2 bonded interfaces (so if 1 switch goes
down, the other takes up or better use both for maximal throughput)?
Which then is multipath :)
I could also use something like keepalived for the master IP to switch
between the interfaces. though I'd like multipath more.

Thank you.
Alessandro