[Gluster-users] Gluster node without a brick

Gandalf Corvotempesta gandalf.corvotempesta at gmail.com
Thu Jan 12 21:25:53 UTC 2017

Il 12 gen 2017 10:20 PM, "Kevin Lemonnier" <lemonnierk at ulrar.net> ha
scritto:

I don't see why, the server specified for the mount point, as far as I know,
is only used to get the name and address of the different bricks, not to
access the data. So if the node was peer probed, it should have the
volume informations (gluster volume info would show the volume) even
if no bricks aren't actually hosted on localhost, am I wrong ?
I'm pretty sure I already tested this a while ago, just not 100%.

Yes but you still have to access data remotely and not directly from
localhost

AFAIK the advantage with proxmox solution is to read  data through the
local host and not from the net