[Gluster-users] why is geo-rep so bloody impossible?

lejeczek peljasz at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Feb 17 15:09:48 UTC 2017

hi everyone,

I've been browsing list's messages and it seems to me that
users struggle, I do.
I do what I thought was simple, I follow official docs.
I, as root always do..

]$ gluster system:: execute gsec_create

]$ gluster volume geo-replication WORK
10.5.6.32::WORK-Replica create push-pem force
]$ gluster volume geo-replication WORK
10.5.6.32::WORK-Replica start

and I see:
256:log_raise_exception] <top>: getting "No such file or
directory"errors is most likely due to MISCONFIGURATION,
please remove all the public keys added by geo-replication
from authorized_keys file in slave nodes and run
Geo-replication create command again.

263:log_raise_exception] <top>: If `gsec_create container`
was used, then run `gluster volume geo-replication
<MASTERVOL> [<SLAVEUSER>@]<SLAVEHOST>::<SLAVEVOL> config
remote-gsyncd <GSYNCD_PATH> (Example GSYNCD_PATH:
`/usr/libexec/glusterfs/gsyncd`)

so I remove all command="tar.. from ~/.ssh/authorized_keys
on the geo-repl slave, then recreate session on master,
but.. naturally, unfortunately it was not that.
So I tried config gsyncd only to see:
..Popen: command "ssh -oPasswordAuthentication=no.. returned
with 1, saying:
0-cli: Started running /usr/sbin/gluster with version 3.8.8
0-cli: Connecting to remote glusterd at localhost
[event-epoll.c:628:event_dispatch_epoll_worker] 0-epoll:
Started thread with index 1
[cli-cmd.c:130:cli_cmd_process] 0-: Exiting with: 110
gsyncd initializaion failed

and no idea where how to troubleshoot it further.
for any help many thanks,
L.