[Gluster-users] Erroneous mass unsubscription on gluster-users list

Michael Scherer mscherer at redhat.com
Mon Feb 13 14:05:01 UTC 2017

Hi,

it was found last week that our mailling list software did unsubscribe
510 persons from the list, mostly gmail users due to Yahoo and Google
email policy regarding DMARC (a old issue, similar to [1]). People
interested in the details can see the discussion on gluster-infra for
how we are planning to prevent that in the future[2] (even if the real
fix would be on servers where we do not have control).

I resubscribed all people who did got unsubscribed on that day, working
from the logs. However, if people were using digest option, their
subscription were turned to regular ones. I didn't had the information
regarding this from the logs, sorry about that.

If people have any questions, or if that's appear again, please open a
infrastructure bug report on bugzilla.redhat.com, or contact the
gluster-infra mailling list: