[Gluster-users] self-heal not working

mabi mabi at protonmail.ch
Mon Aug 21 13:28:24 UTC 2017

Hi,

I have a replicat 2 with arbiter GlusterFS 3.8.11 cluster and there is currently one file listed to be healed as you can see below but never gets healed by the self-heal daemon:

Brick node1.domain.tld:/data/myvolume/brick
/data/appdata_ocpom4nckwru/preview/1344699/64-64-crop.png
Number of entries: 1

Brick node2.domain.tld:/data/myvolume/brick
/data/appdata_ocpom4nckwru/preview/1344699/64-64-crop.png
Number of entries: 1

Brick node3.domain.tld:/srv/glusterfs/myvolume/brick
/data/appdata_ocpom4nckwru/preview/1344699/64-64-crop.png
Number of entries: 1

As once recommended on this mailing list I have mounted that glusterfs volume temporarily through fuse/glusterfs and ran a "stat" on that file which is listed above but nothing happened.

The file itself is available on all 3 nodes/bricks but on the last node it has a different date. By the way this file is 0 kBytes big. Is that maybe the reason why the self-heal does not work?

And how can I now make this file to heal?

Thanks,
Mabi