[Gluster-users] gluster volume 3.10.4 hangs

Seva Gluschenko gvs at webkontrol.ru
Wed Aug 2 07:31:03 UTC 2017

Thank you very much indeed, I'll try and add an arbiter node.

--
Best Regards,

Seva Gluschenko
CTO @ http://webkontrol.ru (http://webkontrol.ru/)
+7 916 172 6 170
August 1, 2017 12:29 AM, "WK"  wrote:
On 7/31/2017 1:12 AM, Seva Gluschenko wrote: Hi folks,
I'm running a simple gluster setup with a single volume replicated at two servers, as follows:

Volume Name: gv0
Type: Replicate
Volume ID: dd4996c0-04e6-4f9b-a04e-73279c4f112b
Snapshot Count: 0
Number of Bricks: 1 x 2 = 2
Transport-type: tcp The problem is, when it happened that one of replica servers hung, it caused the whole glusterfs to hang.
Yes, you lost quorum and the system doesn't want you to get a split-brain.
  Could you please drop me a hint, is it expected behaviour, or are there any tweaks and server or volume settings that might be altered to change this? Any help would be appreciated much.
Add a third replica node (or just an arbiter node if you aren't that ambitious or want to save on the kit)

That way when you lose a node, the cluster it will pause for 40 seconds or so while it figures things out and then continue on.
When the missing node returns, the self-heal will kick in and you will be back to 100%.

Your other alternative is to turn off quorum. But that risks split-brain. Depending upon your data, that may or may not be a serious issue.

-wk