[Gluster-users] Does glusterfs supports brick locality?

atris adam atris.adam at gmail.com
Mon Apr 24 14:14:48 UTC 2017

Hi everybody,

I have two data centers in two different provinces. Each data centers have
3 servers. I want to setup cloud storage with glusterfs.
I want to make one glusterfs volume with these information.

province "a"==> 3 servers, each server has one 5TB brick (bricks number is
from 1-3)
province "b"==> 3 servers, each server has one 5TB brick (bricks number is
from 4-6)

distributed gluster volume size: 30TB

Does glusterfs support servers with long distance?
If yes, if an end user in province "a" create a file, where the file is
allocated? I mean which brick is selected to write the file on it? I need
the brick number from 1-3 to be
selected. Because I think if glusterfs select other bricks (num 4-6, which
is in province "b"), higher latency and unnecessary network traffic will be
consumed. Am I right?